Sunday, January 18, 2009

Good ole Afghanistan Part 2

Here are a couple pictures from the Food and Wood Distribution. It was a beautiful day in Barek Aub!
In the middle are “The Men” of Sozo; Wakil, Walid, and Mohammed Kahn. The two women are my translators Dr. Mary and Latifa. You can see some of the people in Barek Aub getting lined up to go through the distribution, including woman in full blue Burkas.


This is a look at some of the things being passed out including cans of Kerosine, beans, sugar, flour,salt and the big truck on the right is Charcoal.


Here is what it looked like after some families had gone through the line.

Last but not least are a couple pictures from the school dedication where several dignitaries spoke (including the Minister of Refugees of Afghanistan, the Minister of Interior, the Minister of Education who happens to be a woman, Wakil and Jim, my pastor.)



An elder of Barek Aub named Kahar. (far left) He is also Nangina’s father.


Those are just the surface of my experience and pictures. I would be thrilled to share more with anyone who is interested. I ask that you continue to pray for these people, this village, and the country of Afghanistan. This morning I received some devastating news from Wakil that there was a suicide bomber that killed 1 US soldier and wounded 11 people (including civilians and soldiers) right near where I stayed. Wakil was saddened for his people and the soldiers as he attributes his safety to the American Military. He is a strong believer who truly knows what being joyful in times of trials means. I love all of you and am so grateful to share this incredible trip with you. I will be adding more pictures and stories as the days go on. I'll send out a note when I do.

Love,
Katy

1 comment:

  1. K Lo! I love these pictures! It's so cool to read about your experiences. Sounds like you had a life changing experience.
    We should get the Reg crew together for drinks so you can tell us your stories...

    ReplyDelete